NYSC Camp Day 1

Camp was…unexpected. I started the journey with high hopes that camp wasn’t as bad as people said it was. The air was dry, dusty and worst of all…I over packed as usual🙄. I got to my hostel, and I was totally not ready for what awaited me. I was to share a tiny space with 14 people, the bunks were creaky and the beds were as flat as Technical Drawing boards. Thankfully, I had arrived a bit early so I was able to pick a good bunk (or so I thought), I laid my bed, secured my box and dashed out to continue my registration. Registration was fairly easy for me cos I over prepared as usual, I got to the last stage (collection of NYSC kit) and to my utmost disappointment…I was given EXTRA LARGE!!! and size 10 shoes… let’s keep in mind that I wear a size 6!!! Like how the hell did they expect a tiny me to wear such? 😢 But nobody cared anyway I was left to sort myself out. I ended up exchanging some, slim fitting some and cutting my boots…yep you heard that right, I got them reduced. By the time I was done, it was already getting dark so I bought my food from the famous mammy market and walked or rather dragged myself back to the hostel. My bunkmate had already settled but had not come back to the hostel yet. So before getting to camp I decided to try and break out of my introverted shell and make friends during camp. I greeted everyone in my cubicle and all of us really clicked, then my parents called…after talking to them for a while, I noticed my bunkmate had arrived. I bent over from my bed to say hi, lo and behold the Lord had rewarded me…my bunkmate was a fine girl.

Comments

Popular Posts