Is Adulthood really a scam ?

 Okay, funny story, when I was a child, I used to want to be an adult so I could finish a bottle of juice all by myself 😂, crazy right ? well guess who's finishing a bottle of juice now 😉. I really wanted to grow up quickly so I could play with my friends all day and do whatever I want. Well as an Adult I probably could do whatever I want but that wouldn't be wise right ? 

Adulthood is a rocky and beautiful phase, I've had most of my memorable moments as an adult and I'm sure there's more to come. So is adulthood really a scam? I'd say it's 80% a scam because nothing/ nobody prepares you for how much responsibility you're going to have to take on, whether you like it or not.

The responsibility I can handle, but what I really wish I did was enjoy my childhood more, even as a child I was always looking forward to the next phase of my life. 

Another thing I didn't expect to experience as an adult was people close to me dying. I always thought death was far away, it was something that happened to random people I didn't know, it just couldn't happen to anyone I knew. Boy was I wrong, and that fact upsets me so much.

Am I afraid of death now ? Nope, do I hate it? Yes !!! But there's an assurance I have when any loved one who's in the faith dies, the assurance that I will see them again with the Lord Jesus makes me happy that they are no longer in this cruel world.

Comments

Popular Posts