My first love

 My heart raced as he walked up to me, we've been friends for a year now and I still feel butterflies in my tummy whenever I see him. "Hey" he said, "Hi" I replied with a huge smile. He looked nervous, "what's up ? " "Could you give this letter to Annie for me ?" "Sure", "thank you, you're the best" he said while walking away.

I was curious, what could be in the letter that would make him so nervous? Annie is a mutual friend of ours and my best friend. 

I shouldn't read it, I thought to myself, he trusts me. After staring at the letter for about 5 minutes, I opened it and read. 

"Dear Annie, I really enjoyed spending time with you yesterday, I really like you and I want you to be my girlfriend. If you agree, please meet me under the mango tree at 9pm tonight after lights out. "

My heart sank, I couldn't believe the boy I loved liked another girl, my best friend for that matter. What do I do now ? Do I deliver the letter or I pretend I lost it? 

Tick tock tick tock, time was running out, I looked up at the wall clock in the dining, and it was 8:45pm. I stood up, ran towards the dorms to find my best friend.

Timi said I should give you this letter, "oh really" she said, collecting the letter from me far too quickly for my liking. I prayed, Lord please let her not like him, please Lord 🙏🏾.

She read the letter and smiled so hard, I knew my prayer wasn't answered. "I'll be right back" she said as she took off to meet Timi under the mango tree. 

I just lost my first love to my best friend. I sat on my bed and did the only thing I could do, cry.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts